Eurasian Payment Statistics Yearbook Synopsis
Russia and the countries of Central Asia are one of the world’s fastest-growing card markets, showing rates of growth similar to those of Central and Eastern Europe 17 years ago.
Cards are firmly embedded as the retail payment of choice and are a strategic area of development for banks and governments across the region. While levels of development vary across Eurasia, there is now on average, one card per capita for the regions covered in this Yearbook which is two-thirds of the EU level. ATM’s per capita are also reaching a similar level to Europe where numbers are starting to decline. The biggest opportunity is in expanding POS terminal networks, which are currently only 21% of Europe’s in per capita terms.
Compared with Europe, Russia and Central Asia seem like bandit country to many people. To guide readers through this unfamiliar terrain, PCM has published the fourth edition of its Yearbook covering Russia, the CIS and Georgia, following the format of the long-established European Payment Cards Yearbook.
The core of the Eurasian Payment Cards Yearbook is the series of profiles of the card markets of the CIS country by country, which include information and data on the following subjects:
- Key statistics;
- The banking sector – size and ownership;
- Recent M&A activity;
- International expansion;
- Market infrastructure;
- Market size and dynamics;
- Cards in issue and card usage;
- Debit, delayed debit/charge and credit cards;
- Major card issuers;
- Cards in comparison to other cashless payments.
In addition to the country profiles, the Yearbook includes regional statistics:
- Regional overview, covering banking trends, bank ownership, investment by western banks, cross-border investment by CIS banks, other private investment, multilateral banks and agencies, and CIS growth prospects.
- Payment cards overview, including cards issued, number of payments per country, expenditure on cards by country and a variety of per capita figures.
- Acquisition and acceptance, a section reviewing POS and ATM statistics.
Individual Eurasian Payment Statistics country profiles are available to purchase separately: click a country below for summary and pricing
Armenia Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Azerbaijan Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Belarus Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Georgia Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Kazakhstan Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Kyrgyz Republic Payment Statistics£175.00 Add to cart
Moldova Payment Statistics£150.00 Add to cart
Russia Payment Statistics£200.00 Add to cart
Ukraine Payment Statistics£200.00 Add to cart
Uzbekistan Payment Statistics£150.00 Add to cart